If your co-teacher has joined a discussion as a student first, you will want to remove the teacher from the course if they have already joined as a student.
1. Click into the course
2. In the top right corner, click the little colorful waffle
2. Click Student Reports
3. You will see a list of students in a table. Select the student name on the left-hand side of the table.
4. Click the little trash can button in the top right corner of the table. **Note this will remove any comments/submissions they may have made.
Now it's time to add the teacher as a co-teacher!
5. Click the colourful waffle, then class settings
6. Input the teacher's email to invite them as a co-teacher. They will receive an email when you do that and the course will appear on their "Courses I Teach" list.